Certificate in M.I.C.E. Professional Event Management (CMPEM)
The MICE Professional Event Management program intends to bridge the requirements of the industry by providing programs that will enable the professionals to be globally competitive and academically prepared for professional events and similar ventures.The five (5) Courses cover the entire event process: from event design, strategic planning, systematic coordination, and event evaluation, which includes, among others, logistic plan, bidding, marketing, site management and risk management.
This Program in event management is designed to:
1. Equip students/participants with conceptual, relational, and strong leadership skills in order to accomplish a successful event.
2. Develop in the students/participants, excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail and dynamic practice of concepts learned.
3. Teach students/participants how to communicate clearly, efficiently, and effectively in order to maintain a constant feedback between stakeholders, organizers and suppliers.
4. Coach students/participants how to design, organize and manage effectively various types of events.
At the end of the program, successful participants will present their own event portfolio of an actual event to their event mentor for their partial requirement of the program. Graduates of this program will receive a Professional MICE Certificate of Completion from the Philippine Mice Academy and a Certificate of Achievement for each Course.
Upon completion of the MICE Professional Event Management Program, graduates will have the ability to:
1. Implement the functions of event management such as organizing, designing, planning, coordinating, monitoring, staffing, directing, sourcing products and services that would bring an event to life.
2. Apply the principles of business management, marketing management, human resource management, operations management, procurement, financial and risk management to achieve the event goals and objectives.
3. Use event management tools to assess and analyze critical paths and provide effective and creative solutions to problems.
4. Use event elements that have meaning, value and relevance to the purpose of the event.
5. Create events that will make a difference and leave a legacy.
6. Design and deliver world-class events.
7. Communicate effectively with stakeholders both orally and in writing.
8. Work well and competitively in a diverse environment.
9. Exercise high professional and ethical standards.
10. Demonstrate environmental sensitivity and corporate social responsibility.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
How can this program benefit educators?
This program will help educators meet the challenges that competency standards present, including, but is not limited to, determining the content that must be taught and how it is going to be delivered in the classroom. The learning guide will address the level of complexity and depth to which the competencies should be taught in a specific course. This will also help align the curriculum to OBE-based curriculum being adopted in tertiary institutions, making the PEM relevant to the needs of the industry and suited to the requirements of the baccalaureate degrees.
How PEM contributes to professionalizing events management?
PEM is an attempt to professionalize events management by offering a program that ensures a progressive curriculum that is geared towards providing the synergy of content and practice. Hence, PEM is unique in its desire to seriously meet the demands of the industry by providing actual, hands-on experiences to the students/participants of each course. The program is bent on translating theories into doable outcomes that are demonstrated through competencies. It is a unique feature of the curriculum to provide educators with Learning Guide so that each course is delivered systematically and with continuity from simple to complex content.
The program also intends to meet the three levels of workplace responsibility (coordinating, managing and directing) which are deemed exit points for program delivery, which are in sync with global standards in events management.
The Program serves also as a bridge course, linking K12 education to College especially for those who want to take up Entrepreneurship or Bachelor of Science in Communications or Tourism. The competencies enable the students/participants to acquire the intended competencies expected of College students and even prepare them ahead for the rigors and demands of College education.
How can PEM benefit other stakeholders?
STUDENTS AND PRACTITIONERS:
1. Students and practitioners are provided with the shortest period of time to acquire the skills and competencies in events management.
2. The outcomes-based approach in delivery of the content, takes into account the risks and logistical concerns in actual event management, thus, would forewarn the participants of occurrences of pitfalls and arm them with skills to cope with the inevitable in holding professional events.
3. Students and practitioners are introduced to the fundamentals of events management and ensured an improved grasp of the scenarios and opportunities for financial sustainability of events.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
1. Event organizers, planners and coordinators.
2. Suppliers, vendors and service providers of event element requirements.
3. College graduates who are starting a new career as an event manager, planner or coordinator.
4. Professionals who are in charge of planning and facilitating meetings and events for their company or organization.
5. Professionals in the marketing, advertising, public relations, tourism and hospitality industry who are interested in enhancing their skills in event management.